DHS United States Citizenship and Immigration Service
• Provide IV&V effort in both a waterfall and agile environment. Our major focus for this contract is to provide quality assurance technical services across USCIS OIT in support of USCIS transformation programs, whose goal is to transform many of the USCIS business processes and legacy applications via the Electronic Immigration System (ELIS).
• Support Operational Test and Evaluation, as the Operational Test Agent (OTA), to determine the operational effectiveness, suitability and cybersecurity resilience of E-Verify and SAVE. Throughout the development of the systems, K3 was responsible for determining whether E-Verify and SAVE meet the operational requirements for each system.
• Provide Agile Development and DevOps Test Support. K3 demonstrated Agile and DevOps expertise and provided innovative solutions to implement Agile and DevOps practices in USCIS OIT. Collaborated with development teams to determine the best testing approach and level of independent integration test engagement needed to support the development of quality software. Conducted system performance testing across portfolio of USCIS applications.
• Provided Infrastructure Management support to the Infrastructure Engineering, Operations and Maintenance, and Security Operations across the entire infrastructure and network. K3 leads the Change, Configuration and release Management (CCRM) activities across the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) development activities for the Electronic Immigration System (ELIS) service assets.
DOC United States Patent and Trademark Office
• Provided Agile software development support to the Patent Products Operation Support (PPOS) portfolio. Support included web application design, discrete development, end-user support, database design and architecture, multimedia and Hyperion services for the USPTO Office of Patent Information Management (OPIM). OPIM seeks technical capability teamed with innovative concepts/methodologies and industry best practices in support of OPIM’s information technology needs. Work was prioritized by the Product Owners (PO) and other OPIM personnel during Release/Sprint Planning based on business priorities. K3 provided Agile teams and specialized teams that were cross-functional with an appropriate mix of resources and skills to deliver business value in each sprint or iteration.
National Archives and Records Administration
• Provides Cybersecurity support to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Our Security Engineering support includes devising an effective means of protecting NARA’s assets by incorporating security into their System Development Life Cycle (SDLC). In addition, we are tasked with assessing the security state of systems the agency has deemed as high value assets.
USDA Rural Development
• Provided IT modernization support to RD’s efforts to transform and modernize an almost decade old business operational framework in order to create efficiencies and cost economies through more modern technology driven capabilities available in the market place today. This initiative, called the Comprehensive Loan Program (CLP), utilized state-of-the-art technologies to improve both the customer and the employee experience by improving data quality and by enhancing data availability. K3 analyzed and made recommendations to streamline both the system and data architecture, eliminating antiquated systems, in order to identify potential efficiencies and economies and alternatively; invest in market proven technologies to meet the Agencies 21st Century needs.
DOT Federal Transit Administration
• Provided software development support to the Appian TrIAD platform and associated FTA best practices and procedures. This support included configuration (release) management and security assurance support for the entire TrIAD platform. It also included Helpdesk support for scoped applications and Appian development services. Development in scope for operations and maintenance support for TrIAD shared services and modules includes existing components FACES, BTS, and JPC as well as Appian development support for new modules selected for the TrIAD platform as approved by FTA.
DOL Wage and Hour Division
• Provided software development support with an emphasis on Agile, test driven development, and continuous integration methodologies to assist and enhance efforts to implement new applications using Appian technology. Assisted WHD in the planning, development and modification of the Appian product based on the one-year sprint roadmap. Worked with WHD stakeholders to coordinate how Appian and other integrated solutions will be architected, utilizing the built- in connectors that may create new service objects and develop integrations to WHD selected third party applications. Assist WHD and the Department’s CIO organization to make recommendations and ensure continued scalability of the product.